Thursday 26 January 2017

Art Three Ways - Week 3

Three different versions of one picture with Wilna Furstenburg as our tutor. We were asked to draw a picture and take an image of it before we coloured it in, then another after it was coloured but before we added the final touches. These were printed out onto copy paper for later use.



 Picture 1 with a little more work and a relevant poem added. We were supposed to use the brush to write our journal piece, but I found it easier to use my fountain pen - particularly as it has sparkly ink!


For the second picture, the copy of the line drawing was glued to a canvas board and painted again using more drawing ink and acrylic. I also used a silver paint pen to highlight and add more garden poetry and used Inktense pencils for definition.


The coloured image was used for the third piece; this was copied twice and glued on to my journal page, then more drawing and colouring was done. I decided not to include text with this piece. We were supposed to include moulding paste to add texture, but I quite liked it without. I may do a bit more work on this piece at a later date.


I found this exercise quite difficult at first, particularly drawing with a brush and ink. I don't have much confidence with my freehand drawing, but I found it easier after a while, and I'm pleased with the results.

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment