Sunday 15 January 2017

Wanderlust Week 1

I'm already a week behind, but here is my first week's project. We were asked to think of three words to describe what we wanted to achieve this year and use them in an exercise using paint and photographs. I'm still waiting for the canvases I want to use to arrive, so I've used an 8" x 8" canvas I had lying around for this piece. This was my third effort - I'm trying to use up some old paints before I get some more, so my colour palette was a little restricted and the first two came out too dark. It was suggested that we stamp the words on to our work but I only have small letter stamps and they wouldn't have worked, so I had to result to a Sharpie in the end! My graphics are never the best!!

I've promised myself to include textile in each piece I do, and this week I've included scrim in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment