Friday 20 January 2017

Making Magic - Week 2

This week we were asked to 'let go' and experiment with layering colour, papers and paint to create something magical! Our tutor, Mary Ann Wangerin, gave us an evocotive video showing how she created her work, based on a quote by Roald Dahl and using a butterfly as her focus.

I decide to go with a quote from Peter Pan and use a Arthur Rackham fairy for my focus.


I've included some textiles again - I'll try to do that each week if the project allows. I've also layered hand painted paper and layers of acrylic paint - still using up the bits I have left over, but I have started on one or two of the new tubes I got for Christmas.

Still no letter stamps, but I've decided to use my handwriting where possible to try to improve it a bit. This week I've used a silver Sharpie.


Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment